Carplay quits/reconnects

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MeBu

Reaction score
Hi all.

Has anyone had trouble with Carplay quitting? The problem just started a couple days ago and I've tried a new charging cord to make sure that wasn't the issue. Sometimes carplay disconnects, sometimes it will re-connect but usually not. Then other times when it quits it also turns all the audio off in the car.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

cmurphy2

Reaction score
Hi all.

Has anyone had trouble with Carplay quitting? The problem just started a couple days ago and I've tried a new charging cord to make sure that wasn't the issue. Sometimes carplay disconnects, sometimes it will re-connect but usually not. Then other times when it quits it also turns all the audio off in the car.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Other f150 forums talk about cleaning phone charge port and updating phone software plus reinstalling Ford pass. I would start there or try a different phone. You can also update the sync software from vehicle.

Bodacious

Reaction score
My USB ports on the sync hub were loose and connector would jostle over bumps and lose connection. Bought a new hub and had a friend with trim tools trade hubs out yesterday. So far, issue is completely resolved, even over bumpy roads or when I manually wiggle usb cable. Hope this helps!