cd changer wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lancia82

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know if the 97 expedition with the premium sounds system is pre wired to take the factory cd changer, are the cables hidden under the center consul , thanks Larry

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have an 01 and the radio has a CD button. Does yours? If so, fish around inside the center console in the front right side to see if there is a hole with a plug floating inside. I removed mine and that is where the cable ends.

OP
OP
L

Lancia82

Reaction score
yes there is a hole ,but i dont see a plug , I pulled the top off of it and there is the floor center plugin but no other wiring unless its below ,which would mean taking the whole center console out, i will try this tomorrow, thanks

OP
OP
L

Lancia82

Reaction score
Hi everyone, Im still having trouble trying to get a updated Ford radio from a 2003 expedition along with the Factory cd changer from the same vehicle to work in my 97 expy. with premium sound system ,does anyone know if in the 2003 it was tied into the GEM. if it is and its not possible to use is it possible to fit a after market radio /cd player in the dash ,and will this effect the amps.

OP
OP
L

Lancia82

Reaction score
Hi , yes i have the CD changer a working one that a friend gave me , what i cant find is the Harness & plug that goes to it,I have had the center console apart & i have the plugin, at the front that runs the harness to the rear heater & radio controls on the back of the console, but cant find the harness & plug , the expy never came with the cd Changer so im wondering if i would have the harness & plug .
Thanks for any help Larry