cd less and a possible work around ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MxRacer965

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Connecting to headphones that were previously paired was EXTREMELY unreliable. I used those head phones to pair to my surround sound via the BT transmitter while working out in the basement and watching TV as well as to my phone when at the gym. It NEVER works right unless I screw around for 10-15 minutes. I guess if you have a dedicated set of devices it may be more reliable, for me it’s been garbage. So much so that I threw the BT transmitter in a drawer and forgot about it until it was mentioned now.

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
AUKEY Bluetooth 5 Transmitter Receiver, Wireless Audio Adapter with aptX Low Latency, Dual Links for for Headphones, TVs, Home Stereo Systems and More https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QXY11BQ/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_J3hzEb2E0XAQ6

@AKentPhoto
Can you confirm that you have paired this with your 2018+ Expedition or Navigator? I don’t think most Bluetooth transmitters will pair with the newer Fords. I have tried something similar and it did not work.

I would suggest the op read through this F150 forum thread as there is quite a bit of information on a similar topic.

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/no-longer-have-3-5mm-line-now-what-do-i-do-350965/index7/

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@MxRacer965
How long ago was this? Was it BT 5.0? That makes a huge difference. The newer BT standards are waaay better.

This one seems to be the newest gen with an AptX Low Latency mode... The optical in/out is a nice touch as well for all the audiofiles. The fact that it comes with all the cables shows the company isn't totally cheapo.

TaoTronics Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitter Receiver with Codec Display, aptX Low Latency Wireless Audio Adapter for TV Home Audio System (3.5mm AUX, RCA, SPDIF in/Out) Dual Link, 24hrs Play Time https://www.amazon.com/dp/B083TF9NK8/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_7-nzEbK0JRM4A

@wakeboarder
I personally cannot, my truck isn't here yet and the dealer is closed today. I'm going to a rather large Crawfish boil today so if I see something with sync3 I'll borrow the keys.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
Rip your CDs to any computer and move the files to USB memory stick.

Rancidlunchmeat

2019 XLT FX4
Reaction score
You can also upload all your music to Google Play or Amazon music. I uploaded all of my CDs to Google Play without any charge. I think for Amazon you need Prime, but I'm not sure. Bypasses the USB necessity but then you're streaming music and charges may apply.