Ceramic Coating and PPF

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nsw550

Reaction score
Paint will still chip with a ceramic coating.

Full plastic wrap.

f67bcb358181d946e1b886ede579c06d.jpg

No chips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the look! How does the plastic wrap hold up in automatic car washes? How many years do they last for before you need to remove/replace? How much did it cost to have the wrap installed?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kmdcolo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2018 Expedition was coated by the dealer with Simoniz (5-year warranty) and has a clear bra on the front.
I coated my 2018 F150 with CarPro CQuartz 3.0 and my buddies 2017 GT350. I did paint correction prior to applying. Water beads better on my F150 than it does on my Expedition but both look great and don't have any swirls or scratches.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_8a2b.jpg UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_9527.jpg UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_93ab.jpg UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_94cc.jpg

JohnT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Slightly off topic but those vertical black plastic bars to either side of the tailgate glass seem to be very soft and susceptible to scratches from car washes.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Slightly off topic but those vertical black plastic bars to either side of the tailgate glass seem to be very soft and susceptible to scratches from car washes.
Yep. Same material as is on the B pillars.

rhk118

Reaction score
I coated my expo myself also using C-Quartz Pro 3.0 ceramic. Won't stop rock chips...just a fancy hydrophobic coat that chemically binds to the clear coat as long as the paint is prepped before hand - wax you don't have to reapply for 3-4 years. Have had wraps on cars before (self-healing) and they work great but don't stop the big chips and always get perforations here and there. But wonder what the chips would have been if there was no film on the car at all.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire