Check brake system warning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnny4lo

Reaction score
I am just notifing all to an electrical problem that I had but could not find resolve anywhere on the internet.
First off I have a 2007 expo xlt el and about a week ago odd things started happening. With the headlights on and turn on the fog lamps, the washer pump would turn on. Turn off the fog lights and the washer stops, but the fog lamps were really dim. Then the abs and brake light would come on over 10 mph and the check brake system would come on in the display, but under 10 mph, the warning lights would reset. I took it to a shop and there were no codes and they could not find the problem. Then the driver headlight stopped working.
I replaced both headlights and then the washer would turn on with the head lights and washer would pump harder when the brights were on. Turn off the headlights and the pump would stop.

After about an hour off crawling around under the expy, something caught my eye. I found a loose ground bolt. With the driver headlight removed, it is located on the left side, just in front of the air filter. Somehow the bolt was almost all the way unscrewed. After tightening it up and putting everything back together, ALL the problems went away.

Well I hope that this could help some one with a similar problem.