Check engine light came on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StealthyBulldog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, just over 10k kms and got a check engine light come on. Plugged in my code reader and it said P008a. Now it came on when I floored it to pass 4 vehicles in a row that were all fluctuating their speeds from the limit to 15 km/h under (it's a national park, lots of looky loos!) (80km/h speed limit). A quick search said something about fuel pressure, and after starting and stopping about 5 times (and driving) it has turned off, any thoughts on if I should bring to my dealers attention?
Thanks

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Were you low on fuel? Recently fill up somewhere different? Go floor it a few times, and see if it comes back. If it does, make an appointment. Could be the in tank pump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
StealthyBulldog

StealthyBulldog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Were you low on fuel? Recently fill up somewhere different? Go floor it a few times, and see if it comes back. If it does, make an appointment. Could be the in tank pump.

Thanks, no wasn't low fuel, had filled up earlier, from the same place I always do, 91 octane. Had been driving for probably 1.25 hours already. Had run into the same situation when I first started (passing 4 cars) with no CEL. A family of 5 cars (I was between the 4th and 5th) had stopped and all got out of their cars at the park gate (single lane so couldn't go around) to go and pay for Park passes. Very limited opportunities to pass 4 cars in a row, so both times it got up to 155-163km/h. Still impressed with the get up and go of the Expy vs the Caddy.