Check Engine Light - Evap Code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JennyD

Reaction score
Hi, all! Has anyone had their Expy throw an Evap Leak code? Mine's been on for a few days (I don't drive a lot!) and I had O'Reilly's check it quickly to determine if I need to get to the dealership. Obviously I do, but I thought I would see if anyone else has needed work due to an Evap Leak code?

Uturn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check to make sure the little flap is closed on the fuel filler and never try to force it open. In the event you need to add fuel from a can there is a funnel in the tire jack area that is sized to open the flap and allow emergency fueling. Also check to make sure the fuel door is latched closed.

OP
OP
J

JennyD

Reaction score
Check to make sure the little flap is closed on the fuel filler and never try to force it open. In the event you need to add fuel from a can there is a funnel in the tire jack area that is sized to open the flap and allow emergency fueling. Also check to make sure the fuel door is latched closed.
Thanks, Uturn! This was my first thought when the light came on as I had just gotten gas recently and my Durango threw this code if the gas cap wasn't just right. But the door has been firmly closed, and I just checked the valve a couple of times. Maybe it will go off from that?! I'll check it next time I drive, but figure I have to get a few miles above 35 or so (if that's going to do it...). Thanks again!

OP
OP
J

JennyD

Reaction score
Well, did all that, the light hasn't cleared. The only other thing I've noticed is the mpg are completely flat, even with tons of coasting that would usually have me up at 20+ mpg I'm 'down' at 19. Heading to the dealership at 7 am tomorrow to get it checked out. Hopefully the problem is under warranty!

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi, all! Has anyone had their Expy throw an Evap Leak code? Mine's been on for a few days (I don't drive a lot!) and I had O'Reilly's check it quickly to determine if I need to get to the dealership. Obviously I do, but I thought I would see if anyone else has needed work due to an Evap Leak code?
I bet it is the gas tank cap or canister purge valve.