Cleaning tips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Proud Okie

Reaction score
I have mine ceramic coated which helps a ton. To wash I use Chemical Guys Hydro Suds in a foam cannon. I just got back from Moab and the bugs and dirt were really caked on. I let the foam sit for a few minutes and they came right off with a microfiber chamois. I power wash the foam off and then rinse with de-ionized water. P&S Products has a product called brake buster that's great for wheels and tires. I also use the P&S interior cleaner. I use a blower to dry to make sure I don't have spots.
How was Moab? I'm going to be in Northern Utah (Park City) later this week. I want to see Southern Utah soon!

MeBu

Reaction score
How was Moab? I'm going to be in Northern Utah (Park City) later this week. I want to see Southern Utah soon!
It was awesome. We went to mountain bike and also hiked in Canyonlands. I was awestruck with the Canyonlands scenery. We drove in (from CO) via 128 and that is a beautiful drive.

coupe11

Full Access Members
Reaction score
With limited use so far, I'm sold on the ceramic wash/wax and liquid wax products.

Did two coats of the pump spray stuff on my wife's Outlander back during the summer. Took it home three times in the mid August/early September time frame (usually go in a car but death in the family, people staying to keep relatives company for awhile, etc. led to driving the Outlander).

Bug/dirt city driving it that time of the year. Finally caught a good Saturday morning for washing it off and realized how quickly the bug guts, tar, and chewing gum??, washed off the paint, grill, lights, etc. Usually the bugs are a spray with water, scrub with soap, spray with water, scrub with soap again, spray with water, lightly try to scrape the remaining really difficult to remove bug guts off the paint with a thumbnail effort.

It was not washed after the second coat of ceramic wax until that morning and yet the bug stuff was mostly gone after the first scrubbing. I rinsed, saw a spot here and there, soaped/scrubbed a 2nd time and the bug stuff was gone. Moved to another spot, scrubbed longer that time and rinsed and it was all gone. Stopped, got my wife to come outside and look while I washed another section and she agreed it was so much quicker and easier to clean after that.

I ordered some more and the Expedition will get a coat or two before winter.

I don't mind the time/effort required to wash the two coupes as they are pretty small/easy to reach. That Expedition is a killer for me these days. The wash, rinse and park it back in the carport method really appeals to me.

Next time I use it I will try to remember to use the same soap/wax to wash the door jam areas to see if helps either keep them cleaner or make them easier to clean like it does the outside painted surfaces.