Clicking in steering column

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

37ford

Reaction score
Recently, a clicking noise has developed in the steering column when turning the wheel. It’s definitely more noticeable when it’s colder outside.

I have a 2019 4wd.

F150 Pat

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My wife has been saying that for a couple years now. Especially in the cold. I tried to take the column covers off but they wouldn't separate and I didn't want to snap anything off. I'll try again at some point.

2019 Expedition Limited

TX-EXPMAX

Reaction score
I've had this exact issue repaired on my 2019. There's a broken clock spring inside the steering column that has to be replaced. It's back at the dealer again for this issue and is being repaired under warranty.

TX-EXPMAX

Reaction score
bump on this one for other ideas. They claimed they couldn't hear it in December and now again its there and they claim they can't hear it. The sound seems somewhat different than it did in the past (will only do it when moving and turning) but its annoying. Wondering if anyone has found something just needs a good shot of WD40?