Clicking Rear Driver's side cabin.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi all-. I have googled this issue to no avail.
I have a 2004 Expedition EB V8 5.4L.
The clicking happens when sitting/parked/just started. It seems to speed up with acceleration. It appears to be coming from the behind the lower molding in the rear cabin. Driver's side between the built-in tray and the cup holder. It is loud inside the cabin but I do not hear it outside.
I know the ac actuator on the passenger side was clicking but it stopped and it never speed up clicking with acceleration.
At a total loss

riphip

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check rear tire if you have not. May have picked up a screw, rock, etc. You didn't state mileage either but could also be CV joint on that side while driving.
Parked, it may be exhaust hanger, exhaust related.

Also, I may have read this wrong. Inside on left rear is only the subwoofer speaker.

Last edited:
OP
OP
N
Reaction score
Check rear tire if you have not. May have picked up a screw, rock, etc. You didn't state mileage either but could also be CV joint on that side while driving.
Parked, it may be exhaust hanger, exhaust related.

Also, I may have read this wrong. Inside on left rear is only the subwoofer speaker.

I found the problem. It was the amplifier that sits on under the built-in tray. I unplugged it and it stopped clicking. I thought it wasn't that since it clicked after radio was turned off but it must hold a good amount of charge. I tested it by plugging the p back in and the clicking started right back up. Now I have to figure out why my amp is clicking lol.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Unless your good at electronics diagnosis, just replace the amp. Be sure all power and grounds are clean and sound first though.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk