Climate Control Woes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ID Xpedition

Reaction score
2003 Expedition with 147k miles. I bought it this summer and it has always had a problem with the "Auto" climate control not working. It will pick and switch vents at random. Kind of annoying but I dealt with it. Now on auto, there is a rythmic hissing noise from glovebox area. If idling, there is also a noticeable idle change that corresponds to the "hiss". If I take it our of auto and put on just heat, the issue seems to cease so I assume it is related to the A/C. Thoughts? Thanks!!

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You need to track down the vacuum tube coming in from the engine bay/firewall there behind the glove box. Sounds like it's leaking pretty bad. You'll have to find the leaking tube and probably splice in a new section of tubing. You can start tracing it by looking under the battery, there you'll see where it enters the firewall.

-Mike

OP
OP
I

ID Xpedition

Reaction score
Thanks!! Once the weather cooperates I will check this out. Need to do the blend door motor fix for the back also :banghead: