codes 0430, 0299, and 0113

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CFKiller

Reaction score
I have a 2015 exedition king ranch EL with 155K miles 3.5l with 4x4. Work done was new turbos a few months ago, a new throttle body, sparks 2 years ago, phazers 2 years ago and that is about it. We have had the car for the last 70k miles. started off with the wife saying check engine light is on and i scanned and got code p0430 only. I have read and seen where these engines like to eat through spark plugs and guys are saying to change every 30k miles instead of the cats going bad or O2 sensors. I figured i would change them before going to the O2 sensors or cats. I cleared the code and told the wife to drive it to work. Now it threw the code 0299 and 0113. I believe when they replaced the turbos i asked them to replace the boost pressure switch so im assuming that is my problem for code 0299. Code 0113 im not to sure why that was thrown but is that just a bad IAT? would you start with changing spark plugs all 6, changing boost pressure switch and leave the AIT alone and see what happens from there?

OP
OP
C

CFKiller

Reaction score
Changed the spark plugs and boots with no luck. I did change out the boost pressure switch and that solved p0299. Now on to see if its an O2 sensor or the cats

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire