coil over plug question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JPA

Reaction score
I recently (3weeks ago) replaced #6 COP. I did all the things this web site suggested. Today, I got another check engine light. The scan tool tells me it's cylinder 6 again. The plugs were replaced with Autolite's. Any ideads what else I might want to look at. Thanks

green03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
on yeah.... coud also be the injector for that cylinder. Does it have a dead miss or does it run okay going down the road?

OP
OP
J

JPA

Reaction score
I swapped out the cop and and replaced the plug at the same time. The plug was an autolite with no more than 3000 miles on it. The plug looked good. I replaced it anyway. The miss went away. I'll have to wait and see. Green03, to answer your question the truck ran ok down the road cuold feel a miss from time to time. It's running well for now. We'll see... Thanks guys

phjohnso

Honcho
Reaction score
Depending on what one you you had to change out you might have had quite an ordeal.

lakmflx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you happen to drop the plug anywhere when you first installed it? I did that once during my teen years and i had a hell of a time trying to find out which one it is and when i found the bad plug, the gap changed cause of the drop.

OP
OP
J

JPA

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input folks. The bottom line on this is I think the New COP was defective. The plug gap was correct, I did not drop the plug (did that in my early years too). Anyhow, the expy is running better. OBTW it was #6 cylinder- easy to replace. TTL.
C YA, till next time