Color match emblems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackedoutlimited

Reaction score
Not sure if this process will help anyone or maybe even the colors i chose. Also not sure if every emblem looks like this across the different model years but for the most part they are probably pretty similar.

So I decided to color match the emblems on my 2020 F150 (yes I know, not an expedition but I’ll be doing this on my 2016 expedition here soon). Process is pretty straight forward. Once you remove the emblems, you’ll turn it over and find about 19 plastic lips that you will I’ll need to either grind off or cut off. They are pictured in red below.6E8330CB-D755-4CB6-8AC8-954942EB8060.jpeg
This will allow you to separate the pieces of the emblem. I used a drill bit and a pair of wire snips. You will end up with this…5243488E-6382-48E7-A98C-9E1A5162A617.jpeg
Pick your colors are paint away. I chose to to the blue in gloss white and the chrome in satin black to match my F150 tailgate letter inserts. Everything is drying right now so I’ll post final pics tomorrow when the emblem is back together.

Status
Not open for further replies.