Coolant leak from unknown location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Don Hall

Full Access Members
Reaction score

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
With all this speculation, you never said what color the fluid is. Is it the green color suggested for your year, I'm assuming it is. As stated by others, if you have a leak, the degaus bottle will be real low, not just a little. If it was condensation from running your Ac, it would be clear, and usually not more than a small puddle. The proper way to check for any coolant leakage is to pressurise system with a Stant, or equivalent gauge and pump. The fact that your temp gauge didn't rise leads me somewhere else. Post your findings.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

tack87

Reaction score
I had some what similar of a problem, I had a puddle under my truck one day. Could not find a leak. Since then I would smell coolant but not see any. Turns out my intake cracked and all my coolant was sitting in the valley of the engine.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sort of like when a brake master cylinder seal would go, and your looking for the fluid. Turns out it's dumping into the power brakes booster.

tack87

Reaction score
Sort of like when a brake master cylinder seal would go, and your looking for the fluid. Turns out it's dumping into the power brakes booster.

Pretty much I know its leaking but no puddle, its a head scratcher. Lol

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just pressurise it like I posted earlier. It starts spraying the minute you do. Otherwise you'll be chasing your tail over the next few months. Pay a shop, if you don't want to do it yourself. I think you can rent the tool from Oreillys/auto zone.

stoplight

Reaction score
Probably not the same issue but maybe it helps. Noticed a leak but could not locate the source. It was not as far back as yours, about mid engine and a little up front. Only happened when under pressure. I gave up looking for it and took to my trusted mechanic. Was the radiator leaking from the seam and running down the frame and then depositing on the ground. 98, 5.4L, 4wd, 166k, original radiator. Had them replace it and upper and lower hoses.

OP
OP
J

JOlsen

Reaction score
Ok so got to work today and same thing
Pinned it down to passenger side for sure. Not the heater core I bypassed the heater core limes and put coolant in the tank and instant dump of coolant
I mean immediate. Everything I put in came right back out. Help