Coolant leak on 2016

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2015 Ford Expedition Limited 4x4, purchased new, is at the Ford dealer now for a coolant leak (65,*** miles).

The coolant reservoir was leaking, as well as a molded hose with quick connect fittings. They are being replaced.

Vehicle is used strictly for passenger use - never used to tow.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reservoir tanks are vented...they don't hold pressure. Do you mean your radiator cap?

The degas bottle doesn’t vent until a certain pressure, if it’s cracked and doesn’t maintain required hot pressure the coolant can expand enough to spill over.

762mm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is it just me or do the 2015+ (V6 Ecoboost) have various coolant leak issues? It seems like it's a topic that comes back a lot on these forums...

That said, I had a leak on my 2014 last summer, turned out it was a worn / leaky water pump. $35 later life was good again (new pump).

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The degas bottle doesn’t vent until a certain pressure, if it’s cracked and doesn’t maintain required hot pressure the coolant can expand enough to spill over.

I know what you're talking about. You just have a 'reservoir' cap. I forgot about those. I have a reservoir (vented) and a radiator cap (pressure containing)

EDIT: Ok, I was thinking about my 2008 Mounty.

Never mind.

762mm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@762mm, how much was the water pump replacement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About 45 minutes total, working slow and taking my time.

It's 4 bolts that hold the pump in place, plus 4 smaller ones to remove the drive belt pulley. Make sure you have new coolant on hand, as most of it will piss right out, lol!

:)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnjohn205