Coolant leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robby830

Reaction score
I started getting some belt sqeaking the other day on the highway on my 03 4.6 EB. There was a bit of a burning smell when I got home. I left the car parked until I could take a look at it. When I checked it last night there was no coolant in the reservoir. As soon as I added some distilled water, it came putting out the bottom with the engine off. Looked like it was right below the water pump.

I removed the fan just now to get a better look. It's leaking thru a gap on the bottom part of the pump. Would this be a gasket/seal or a bad water pump? I've attached a quick video showing where its coming from. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
R

robby830

Reaction score
Since it looks like it's coming out of the weep hole, I'm just going to go ahead and replace the pump. Does anyone know how much coolant to put back in?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Total system capacity is 21 quarts, or 5.25 gallons. Use Motorcraft Premium Gold or Zerex G-05 coolant. Not that green Prestone crap.

-Mike

51SeoUa756L.jpgmotorcraft-vc7b-400.jpg

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Its a 50/50 mix of antifreeze plus distilled water do not use tap water or just use the premixed 50/50

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PaulMedik