Coolent leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rakar

Reaction score
I have a coolent leak on the passanger side and it is dripping down the radiator. I replaced the big hose and clamp and it is still dripping. I can't see but is there any other hoses on that side that could leak. It is not the hoses that run above the spark plugs to the firewall. Could it be the radiator leaking? The black plastic is wet under the hose that I just replaced. It is a 2007 Expedition with a 170 K miles so I just figure it was the hose. Any help is appriciated.

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a coolent leak on the passanger side and it is dripping down the radiator. I replaced the big hose and clamp and it is still dripping. I can't see but is there any other hoses on that side that could leak. It is not the hoses that run above the spark plugs to the firewall. Could it be the radiator leaking? The black plastic is wet under the hose that I just replaced. It is a 2007 Expedition with a 170 K miles so I just figure it was the hose. Any help is appriciated.
Wipe the plastic dry and look with a bright light. Try tightening the clamp a bit more. You may have cracked the nipple when RR the hose.

OP
OP
R

Rakar

Reaction score
I thought it was the hose leaking the reason I replaced it but still leaking just the same.

OP
OP
R

Rakar

Reaction score
This is the best I could do. You will see the darker black below the hose and clamp that I replaced.

Attachments

• 2007 Radiator.jpg
    2007 Radiator.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 29

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is the best I could do. You will see the darker black below the hose and clamp that I replaced.

Maybe you can but I can't. The pic shows a black hose with green print on it. If so, the hose seems to bulge a lot after the clamp. Are you sure that you have the correct hose for the application? Have you re-tightened the clamp?

FlyBry

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Maybe you can but I can't. The pic shows a black hose with green print on it. If so, the hose seems to bulge a lot after the clamp. Are you sure that you have the correct hose for the application? Have you re-tightened the clamp?
Or Double Clamp it, add another clamp above the one you already have

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You should probably put UV pigment in your coolant and use a UV flashlight to find the leak

Just check that it's OK to use in coolant, I've only ever tried it in power steering fluid

OP
OP
R

Rakar

Reaction score
Hello all. Tried the double clamp and did not seem to help. I put some K-Stop in and that seems to fix the issue. Thanks again

Don Hall

Full Access Members
Reaction score
K-STOP? DO YOU MEAN K-SEAL?

If the leak persists, borrow (free) a pressure tool from most auto stores to pressurize the radiator to locate your leak. Remove rad cap, and install tool. Simple.