Coyote 5.0 Engine Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mustangmitchell

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Last year I got a 2012 Expedition and truly have loved it. I can't find really one thing about it that I dislike. However, I have been kicking around the idea of swapping the 5.4 that's currently in there for a more powerful/efficient coyote engine that the current F-150s have. I was wondering how difficult this would be todo, I'm assuming the expedition and F-150 components are fairly interchangeable which would make the swap easier. Thoughts?

mc0311grunt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It would probably be cheaper to buy a wrecked 5.0 f150 from copart or other insurance auction and swap from that

jruppert

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would like to know more about this swap as well. If its even possible. It will obviously fit but as far as wiring, that is whole other story. Too bad it wasnt a plug and play setup.

nauti1

Reaction score
I'd like to do a 6.2L swap once these become more plentiful.

TLain

Reaction score
New Info?

Does anyone have any new information? I have a '97 4x4 with the 4.6L. I am getting ready to start working on it and this is the route I want to go.