Crank, no start.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Don Hall

Don Hall

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You have been a major help today, stamp11127. Thank you.
I have been on the Corvette forum for 20 years, and I am embarrassed that i didn't use the SEARCH forum before asking for help.

No need to lie. I think wine is the only beneficiary of aging.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It helps you forget the arthritis! Well temporarily, bourbon does the same, who says it doesn't mix with blood pressure pills. Enough wine or bourbon, you won't even notice your fuel pump cutting out! I want a rerun at 18 again. Anyone got a Delorean I can borrow!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Don Hall

Don Hall

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It helps you forget the arthritis! Well temporarily, bourbon does the same, who says it doesn't mix with blood pressure pills. Enough wine or bourbon, you won't even notice your fuel pump cutting out! I want a rerun at 18 again. Anyone got a Delorean I can borrow!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

LOL

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't have a 2004 to compare it to. It is listed as the central junction box on the wiring diagrams. You can remove the passenger kick panel and compare the picture to what is mounted in your vehicle to make sure.

Reaction score
Fuel safety switch not activated. After about 30 minutes, started up, and has been fine for about 6 days.

I'm led to believe that my ignition key chip was not 'connecting' with the computer, and finally reset (?)

Will a substitute key work immediately, or does the computer need time to reset? I have extra keys, but
need the 'crank, no start' situation to recur to confirm if replacement keys are the solution.

Vehicle is a 2004 with 17500 miles (purchased new)

Does ur anti theft lite blink during issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Don Hall

Don Hall

Full Access Members
Reaction score
....Does ur anti theft lite blink during issue?.....

I didn't see a rapidly blinking dash light during cranking, but to be honest, I wasn't looking for one, so I'm not sure.

This is the second time within about 4 months that 'CRANK, NO START' has occurred. The first time it was at a body shop, and I had it towed to my mechanic.
He said that he found a loose wire going to the cut-off switch. Now I'm thinking that there may not have been a loose wire, and the pump relay just reset. I'm not going to accuse him of lying, so I will never know. The recent event occurred when trying to leave a parking lot.
While waiting for a tow, I tried cranking again, and all was well.

My simple analysis suggests that the relay reset itself, so I am going to replace the complete junction box. Unfortunately, I haven't confirmed fuel pressure during cranking.

I'm planning on ordering the complete junction box shown in my post #15 in hopes that solves the problem. If any member(s) have used that box, I would be interested in their opinion.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I didn't see a rapidly blinking dash light during cranking, but to be honest, I wasn't looking for one, so I'm not sure.
This is the second time within about 4 months that 'CRANK, NO START' has occurred. The first time it was at a body shop, and I had it towed to my mechanic.
He said that he found a loose wire going to the cut-off switch. Now I'm thinking that there may not have been a loose wire, and the pump relay just reset. I'm not going to accuse him of lying, so I will never know.

I'm planning on ordering the complete junction box shown in my post #15 in hopes that solves the problem. If any member(s) have used that box, I would be interested in their opinion.

Check lite b4 u order. If its blinking, could b a whole new series of prob. Im dealing with this now re pats system. Not the key, not transceiver, not module. Then wat? Antitheft lol. Who wants to steal my 99 expedition. Cranks, and no start. Keep us posted pls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69