Cruise Control Not Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bain64

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey y'all. BIG THANKS to John Christopher!! WD40 baby... sprayed it in there between the buttons and cruise control was working in like 10 minutes. I think this should be the #1 thing people try with cruise control issues with expy. Its the cheapest, quickest and easiest solution by far. You da man JC!
Awesome, glad it's working! If at some point it quits working again, you can take the buttons off with a small torx and clean the pads a little more thoroughly with a rag and your choice of spray.

SNKPWR

Reaction score
Correct, most often if the cruise or radio controls aren’t working, usually it’s corrosion on the copper contacts inside the switches. There’s a link to my post detailing how to clean them on the first page of this post. The wd40 is. A quick fix but not as permanent as disassembling and properly cleaning them.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Glad yours was an easy fix, good deal!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was just reading an article online that Ford issued a recall on 2003 models, on that very switch you replaced. 2004 models could have also been affected, especially if they used 2003 parts in assembly of your Suv. Anyhoo, thought you'd like to know, it probably wasn't you, but a defective part that reared it's head, when you jostled it!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

JWD9192

Reaction score
WD40 worked for me! Thanks for the tips. I will take it apart and clean it better but at least I got a quick fix the night before a 900 mile trip. I sprayed, pushed buttons for a minute and then the next morning I tried it and the one important button I got working was SET.

I was expecting a light on the dash to come on when you hit the on button. Mine does not. But if you press ON really hard, then Set, it worked and the cruise light came on. Thanks again to the previous messages for the tip.