Cruise issue fix on my 2003...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For those of you that have a 2003 or newer Expedition without the pressure switch on the master cylinder, I know how to fix your cruise that quits working...

The part number is SW5867, Motorcraft cruise relay switch mounts to the brake pedal. Its to the left of the pedal, turn 1/8 turn to the left and slides out, now one the shaft can be shortened to match you old one by sliding it in hard... It has detents that click with pushing it into the housing harder than you would expect.

My cruise had an issue of turning off when hitting a harder bump. Doesn't do it at all now...

Last edited:

Prince_Polaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This isn't really related, but the cruise control on my 2003 expy works at low speeds like 25, but I think the manual says it shouldn't work below either 30 or 40. I don't really want to fix that since cruising at 25 is pretty useful, but could that perhaps be a warning that it's gonna die later on?