Currently Looking for an Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PeteinGH

Reaction score
Hi all.
Just wanted to say "Hi!" and boy is finding a good used Expedition (2006 - 2008) hard. All the good ones get snatched up quickly.
Hopefully I'll find a nice one once I expand my search a little farther south of Michigan.

Mikes05expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome, that's funny cuz I was going into Michigan when I was looking for my Expy b/c I couldn't find anything in NW Ohio lol.

Sent from my S5

OP
OP
PeteinGH

PeteinGH

Reaction score
Well, I just put a deposit down on a 2006 with the Eddie Brauer (sp) trim package. Suppose to be in excellent condition. We shall see.
Seller said he already changed plugs (only broke two). He also did a coolant flush, replaced a rear caliper, serpentine belt, one coil pack and a rear pinion seal. Not sure what the rear pinion seal is but he said it was pretty damp and was an easy replacement.
Hopefully all works out.

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
Be sure to run a carfax. There are a ton of flood vehicles out there and you don't want one of those.

OP
OP
PeteinGH

PeteinGH

Reaction score
Well what a waste of time. A 3 hour plus drive and came back empty handed. I should of known it was going to go badly when I started up the vehicle and it was below empty on the fuel gauge.
The body was very clean with no rust. Lower rockers were solid, hood and tailgate were almost perfect.
Had to have the dealer give me $20 so I could get gas in it and test drive it.
Both oil and trans were a 1/2 quart low, 4x4 low made an extremely bad klunk (I was scared the hub exploded because it was so jarring), engine seemed sluggish. What was really alarming was that getting up to speed on the freeway the truck started lurching like the trans was popping in and out of gear or the fuel pump was cutting in and out.
I was so disappointed because this guy assured me the vehicle was perfect. I understand it is a 2006 and will have minor issues like the driver window grinding as it is raised, rear quarter windows not working and adjustable pedals only having an inch of travel, but all this added up to a no sale. For crying out loud the car wasn't even detailed.
I just hate dishonest people.......

OP
OP
PeteinGH

PeteinGH

Reaction score
If anyone wants to haggle with the dealer (Definitive Motor Cars in Rolling Meadows, IL.). I'm sure they may be able to get this Expedition for a great price.

Issues: Drivetrain (I'm not sure what is going on, beyond my knowledge), power quarter windows not working, no radio, power adjustable pedals only giving an inch of travel, bad driver side window and a radiator support rusting out on the driver side.

They want $11,885. Its an Eddie Bauer, new tires, sparkplugs already changed out, coolant flush, rockers are solid, 109,000 miles.
Just be prepared for some b.s. excuses!

GaryH2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good luck with your search.

The lurching sounds like a bad coil. I had that issue with my old 2002.