Daytime running lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

n0b0dy

Reaction score
A question to all drivers of an early Expedition (2007-2012):
What kind of DRL your Expy has?
- low beam
- low beam + turning/parking light
- fog lights

GaryH2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A question to all drivers of an early Expedition (2007-2012):
What kind of DRL your Expy has?
- low beam
- low beam + turning/parking light
- fog lights
My 07 has the low beam DRLs (high beam on low power).

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Dorzak

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Interesting, I never knew these had DRLs as an option.

There was extensive discussion of it in the Forscan megathread. In the US it is a fleet order only option. Former rentals for example will usually have it. When enabled through a dealer it is 50% power of the headlights, through Forscan the fog lights. Also a legal requirement in Canada for all vehicles sold or imported after 1989. However some provinces don’t require they be used per this possibly outdated article from Toronto - https://www.thestar.com/autos/2016/...-daytime-running-lights-legal-in-ontario.html

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve never liked DRLs simply because the look ugly running down the road when it’s light out. That and I want to be able turn my lights off completely.

Dorzak

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ve never liked DRLs simply because the look ugly running down the road when it’s light out. That and I want to be able turn my lights off completely.

Understandable. They only engage when in drive. So in park you can still go lights out.

Dorzak

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mubarakma posted a outside the US sticker. This is a screenshot from the PDF I got when the sticker look-ups worked. This is a US Fleet sale originally:
Screen Shot 2019-02-10 at 4.57.22 PM.png