Deep Trans Pan Issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Therabbittree

Reaction score
Has anyone had issue with a deep trans pan causing shift error? I installed a deep PPE pan and serviced my Expedition. After getting fluid in and level correct , it would not shift out of park. Had it towed to dealer and tech thinks the MLP manual position sensor was hitting the inside of the new pan. If you unbolted the outside lever and pulled it down it would not release parking pawl with ppe installed. It moves freely with no pan on, and with stock. We can see slight witness mark on inside of ppe. Right now stock pan is back in. I may try to grind a little clearance into the PPE when i do next service. Im annoyed $$$$ spent and had to remove it . I will try to add photo of inside pan later

Thanks,
Deo

121B40A7-81FD-4A79-9D5F-521B4227D53A.jpeg

Attachments

• E7307251-24B4-4BC3-96CC-6E605B0AEED5.jpeg
    E7307251-24B4-4BC3-96CC-6E605B0AEED5.jpeg
    116.4 KB · Views: 17

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Man that pan looks nice... that is something I may add one day to ditch the horrible plastic pan.

Keep us posted on your progress getting this to work.

Wangle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I saw this issue on the F150 forum when I was doing my research and deciding which aluminum pan to use. I opted for the standard pan and that seems to have gone very well. PPE has evidently redesigned their deep pan to allow more clearance in this area. I would suggest that you contact them and they may give you a redesigned pan. So sorry this happened to you!

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's still interesting. I haven't looked recently but for a while they didn't list a deep pan for the Expedition, however I contacted them a few months ago and they replied that the deep pan would work on the Expedition. I wonder if they pulled it off while they did the redesign and forgot to put it back on the website afterwards.