Dial Shifter - Let Me Vent!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Don't worry, by the time you are done with your Expedition the Rotary shifter will be gone. Your next one will shift itself because it'll drive itself. Now THAT will get your ******* in a wad!!!! :D

2020-MAX-Limited

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Don't worry, by the time you are done with your Expedition the Rotary shifter will be gone. Your next one will shift itself because it'll drive itself. Now THAT will get your ******* in a wad!!!! :D
I don't own one, but apparently Tesla already removed the physical shifter from their new Model S and X,

Screenshot 2024-01-31 at 5.18.22 AM.png

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Your post brings back memories.

When I was young, I wanted to buy a 1970 GTX with the 440 and automatic transmission. It had a black vinyl top, yellow body and the air-grabber hood.

My Dad said no - he was afraid it was too powerful of a car for me to drive.
I’ve got a road test reprint book and the 68 gtx was fastest car that year that wasn’t corvette. They tested it over and over at the strip, hemi and 440. 69 and 70 were same basic car, but lots of new versions of others were faster.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't own one, but apparently Tesla already removed the physical shifter from their new Model S and X,

View attachment 80009
That's absurd, automate that, let's see how many fender benders there are, or worse. let's dumb down everything so much that we can further escalate human laziness... sorry... it's nothing but a cost control thing, and the social media giant will just market it as innovation.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ve got a road test reprint book and the 68 gtx was fastest car that year that wasn’t corvette. They tested it over and over at the strip, hemi and 440. 69 and 70 were same basic car, but lots of new versions of others were faster.

Then, I ended up buying a 1969 Camaro SS/RS convertible with the Z-11 Pace Car Edition replica package. After that I began buying Corvettes and owned them for about 45 years.

When I got the Camaro, I had close friends with a 1969 Roadrunner and a 1970 Super Bee (purple with a white interior with the pistol-grip shifter). The Super Bee was a high school graduation present.

My parents gave me an electric typewriter for graduation - which I used in college.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just this week someone was killed because an owner of a 23 expy reversed into a strip mall. Dnt know if it's shifter related. I had a couple hiccups with mine, but I liked it mostly. I much prefer lincolns button solution though, barely any hiccups, easy to use, and u always know what gate ur in. And it's not annoying like other button shifters either.

I saw someone talk about the reach to hit the button. Yea there's a reach, but if your sitting up because you just sat down, it's not an annoyance. It's only an issue if you were already sitting and need to put it in gear. Mu wife has never complained, she loves the nav so much, she's the reason I still have it.

Last edited: