Different Instrument Cluster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sierra Lima1470

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2003 Expedition. I like the way the 2005 instrument cluster looks alot more than mine. If I buy the 05 instrument cluster, will it fit in my truck and work properly? Plug and play?

corvettej

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It'll probadly fit but it will have to be reprogram with your mileage, there will probadly be problems with the message center, there is more to this than changing the three button switch, the plug for the switch is already install. I wanted to do that also earlier, but my 2 local Ford dealership aren't cooperative. Your ECM will have to be reprogrammed because of the mileage between the new speedometer and the old speedometer not matching the ECM mileage. You won't get the full benefit of the message center if you don't have auto climate control because of the different sensors. That is my understanding but I could be wrong, like I said I was willing to try it earlier if I could have find a speedometer in excellent shape with a decent price.

OP
OP
Sierra Lima1470

Sierra Lima1470

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Holy crap thats alot to take in. Um....so what your basicaly saying is no? I thought that the new instrument is just like a dummy computer where all you do is hook it up and it displays everything based off what it is plugged into. I guess I can call my local ford dealership and ask since yours doesnt help you out. Thanks!

99-stroker

Reaction score
I would like to know as well. THis is something I have wanted to do, but just never knew if it would work.