Does a Bad 4WD Actuator Cause Popping Noises?? Help please.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nalajr

Reaction score
Hey all.

I have a 2003 Eddie Bauer 4WD model that was hit in the front right about 6 months or more ago. It drove fine, and still does, but when I go over a bump or turn, I’ll get a popping noise. Doesn’t happen when going straight ahead.

About a month ago I parked it in the grass by mistake and when I went to put it back, it wouldn’t move. So I switched ON to 4 AWD, the first option on the knob, and I could hear a slight thump about 2 times a second. I got out and felt it on the wheel and I could actually feel it and it was like someone was hitting it on the other side of the tire.

I finally got it out.

I am getting ready to order a new CV AXLE, cause I thought that’s what it was that’s causing the popping when I turn. Now I’m wondering if this all could be because of a bad 4WD actuator. I would much rather it be this as it’s a lot easier to fix. I know very little about repairs, but I’m trying my best to learn as I go.

Thank you for any help you care to give.
BD

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1