Does anyone have a dis-assembly guide for the center console?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
In the past, I have used a credit card to pull these trim rings. Slip it in under the edge of the ring, then twist the card and the ring will start to pop up. Work all the way around gradually raising the ring, and it will come completely off. Easy, and the credit card won't damage the console or the trim ring.

Great idea...Thanks! Going to try later today.

rwmorrisonjr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It is easier to start from the rear of the shifter trim ring, as there are two clips there, and one on each side toward the front of the ring. Also, you don't need to remove the chrome ring around the cupholders since it's only decorative.

Removing the console is easier if you remove the rear panel by removing the 7/32" bolts that are at the top of the panel and hidden by the rear cupholders, then gently prying the rear panel off. I just did this because I did the USB2 mod, and if I'd known that, it would have made the job easier a saved me a good 45 minutes overall.