Dog partition?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm curious what everyone is doing to keep the pooches in the way back if the 3rd row is down and you have captains chairs? Our pug had really long nails when we adopted him and I'm very scared what he will do to the console if I don't have some sort of partition. It also makes things safer for them in an accident.

StealthyBulldog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm curious what everyone is doing to keep the pooches in the way back if the 3rd row is down and you have captains chairs? Our pug had really long nails when we adopted him and I'm very scared what he will do to the console if I don't have some sort of partition. It also makes things safer for them in an accident.

We use this combination, works well. We do make sure that we never leave collars on the dogs if we are away from the vehicle. We had one shove their head between the bars and when she pulled her head back the collar looped over the end of the bar and she started to pull hard and bent the bar a bit.

My buddy builds custom motorcycles and I've thought of going to his shop and fabing something up (with his welding skills!) For now this is cheaper and works!

Screenshot_20200211-164450_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200211-164140_Chrome.jpg

m3bs

Reaction score
Ours travel in a crate. Keeps us all safer. They curl up and we don’t even know they are back there.

Wayne Decker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Crates when traveling long distances.

For short hops I had Canvasback covers with a panel that bridges the gap between the seat backs. Works for a reasonably trained dog.

zoey2015

Reaction score
Canvas back covers the cargo area all the way to the 2nd row captain seat and crate on top all the times

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
AKentPhoto

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks everyone!
@m3bs On longer trips I definitely like the crate option. Are you using soft or hard crates?

@StealthyBulldog Thank you, I will definitely check those out! Sounds like they have served you well. Though I do wonder about leaning the seats back. I have seen one that lodges itself between the ceiling and the floor but is the same concept.

shopping

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/...Vew0v9vSDlfK1pQlZSnJsHx2Jl29SCDRvfhw&usqp=CAE

m3bs

Reaction score
Thanks everyone!
@m3bs On longer trips I definitely like the crate option. Are you using soft or hard crates?

Either hard plastic or metal. We had a pup chew through the side window of a fabric crate when we stopped for dinner one night. He was up on the dashboard to greet us when we got back. Quite proud of himself!

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We tried crates but our Coonhound mix puppy (9 months) howls the entire time... I mean the entire time. My wife had to sit with him in the backseat and he still howled. It was not until he was free that he stopped. Layed down and slept.

Our Lab (8 years old) has never been crated so I would not even know how he would react. Our little Coton puppy (6 months) is a lap dog so he just hangs out on my wife's lap or down by her feet.

We have yet to travel or camp with all three dogs. I've camped solo with our Coonhound pup. My wife and I camped with our lab. The Coton is too new to the family to have camped yet.

That being said, I am strongly considering the Canvasback setup that so many of you have recommended. I was thinking about those metal partitions, but the canvasback might be a good solution as long as they don't try to jump over or through it. :)