Door Switch Harness Plug Part #?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robert Paulson

Reaction score
the retard that owned my truck before i bought it seems to have cut the plug off of the door ajar sensor and tied the wires together to stop his dome light from coming on.

in the time-honored tradition of not half-assing things, i need to know what the part number is for the plug, preferably with wire pigtails. i have it working with crimp on blade connectors for now, but i'd like to do it right, unlike the ******* before me LOL.

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
Scott, not to be the bringer of bad news, but odds are, if you are going to get a new plug for the switch, you are going to end up getting all new harnesses for all 4 doors (assuming he did this to all 4 doors). You can not buy just a plug with some pig tails on it. Not even straight through Ford. So, unless you can go into a junk yard and pull the plugs from a truck that way, you are a little screwed at the moment. Also, do not be surprised if the junkyard wants to charge you for the whole wiring harness for each door you cut the plug off of. So, might as well grab the whole harness and make it a nice clean install. A little more work because you will be removing a few more body panels, but then you will not have spliced wiring either leading to potential future problems.

OP
OP
R

Robert Paulson

Reaction score
damn. i guess it's off to the junk yard. i'm not too concerned with the splicing----they will be soldered and sealed with heat shrinkable adhesive lined tubing.