Door Trim Pieces that fade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thevalleyboy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I know numerous peole have issues with these however does anyone know of or done a write up including part number and all that for the trim pieces that fade/bubble on the doors. Look at the photo and you'll know what I am talking about

April22011004.jpg

junior73

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can't tell how bad they are in the picture, but I was able to save mine with Mother's Back to Black and a 6 pack. It took a good two hours per side with beer breaks the first time I did it to get them looking new again. I did that in 2006 after I had the truck a couple years. Since then, I do it about twice a year and it only take s a few minutes to get them good again.

OP
OP
T

thevalleyboy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
mine are past that point - shot - or 2 out of 4 of them - I'll try the mothers on the best 2 and let you know how that goes - it seems the drivers with the keypad is the worst on mine, followed by the passenger rear door - like I said they are beyond mothers... as they are blistered and almost like a blue primer is coming through from below, almost like that blue wrap that is there to protect chrome and brass was not removed then painted over. Kind of sucks - at minimum I am going to try to touch these up with some sanding and a spray bomb...

EMendoza93

Full Access Members
Reaction score
sand them down smooth, and then spray some krylon fusion on them, will look good as new!

OP
OP
T

thevalleyboy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thats the plan - is to try paint - anyone know how to get them off the door