Driver seat trim panel loose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcvanvorst

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have a 2014 Expedition EL. The bottom plastic trim panel on the drivers seat broke loose and is sort of hanging there. A plastic piece broke off that apparently goes into a mounting bracket to hold the trim panel in place. Others have had to see this too- it is a poor design.

I am interested in how others have fixed this, made it better, etc??

John

richs fishes

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm going to guess that anyone who has this issue either does not have, or does not use, the running boards. Took me a while to get used to stepping in/out of the truck by way of standing on the running boards first. I could see how trying to sort of slide out of the seat directly onto the pavement would put some stress on that trim panel.

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m gonna guess everyone that has this issue has no clue how to get into or out of their own vehicles...

Plati

Reaction score
I guess I have no clue as to how to get in and out if my vehicle. That's funny!!!

Mine broke and I used Gorilla tape to repair it. It looks fine and its very durable. Its a vehicle. Things get dirty and break. Its a tool to move you around.

Ok ... I could have made it a little prettier but I'm more into function and substance than appearance. Besides nobody sees it but Me!
0814192100a.jpg

I hit thousands of grasshoppers in central Montana today. Oh no! I'm traumatised and won't be able to sleep tonight and will have to polish it clean in the morning. My life is on hold until my 2014EL looks brand new again.
0814192021.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PalosX