Drivers Side Window Trim R/R 2003 Expy+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

donl

Reaction score
Keyless entry pad has failed. I have the correct PN and have watched videos on removing the door panel, disconnecting electrical components, removing the mirror to remove the base window trim but cannot find a video that shows the removal of the black trim that holds the keypad. I have removed various interior panels to replace A/C blend doors, reconnect the hose for the rear window washer, etc. a know how easy it is to break a clip which is real PITA so I am hoping someone has removed this piece of trim and can give me some guidance. For clarity, I have attached a photo of the trim piece that has to come off.trim.jpg

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Keyless entry pad has failed. I have the correct PN and have watched videos on removing the door panel, disconnecting electrical components, removing the mirror to remove the base window trim but cannot find a video that shows the removal of the black trim that holds the keypad. I have removed various interior panels to replace A/C blend doors, reconnect the hose for the rear window washer, etc. a know how easy it is to break a clip which is real PITA so I am hoping someone has removed this piece of trim and can give me some guidance. For clarity, I have attached a photo of the trim piece that has to come off.View attachment 80031

Did you buy a new belt line molding with the keypad? If so, can you look at the back of it? What type of clips or fasteners are there?

I bought a new 2015 Expedition Expedition (with the same key pad molding you have except it is chrome). Soon after purchase, the RR door belt line molding kept popping up. The dealer ordered a new one and simply pulled off the old one and put the new one on by pushing it onto the door.

I vaguely remember a post on this forum about removing and reinstalling a new keypad moulding. You may want to do a search to find it?

OP
OP
donl

donl

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

The part I have ordered is the moulding with the kep pad and wire harness integrally attached to the moulding; it snaps in. I did watch a video of the key pad replacement on a 2003 Navigator wherein the guy did not show the R/R of the molding but did comment that the moulding should be removed by "pushing up and out" which does indicate it is clipped in. It sounds like the moulding on your '15 model was attached with tape which would make it different from mine and the R/R of the mirror is not required as it is for my '03.

I did search the forum but nothing relative came up.

OP
OP
donl

donl

Reaction score
I see now, the chrome trim you installed fits over the existing black trim. Looks good and something I might do once I get the key pad replaced. Pretty sure existing sill trim is attached with clips but waiting for the new part to arrive to see what type and where the clips are located.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire