Driver side rear tail light - inner lens assembly fell off inside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tweakeraz

Reaction score
Question: Has anyone else had any issues with their driver side led tail light assembly? My inner lens fell off and since the unit is sealed, I could not address myself. Took my Expedition in for warranty work including tail light and paperwork indicated they replaced the whole unit. Just over a month since replacement and the new unit has done the sam thing. I also just crossed over my 36k mark and will be on our extended warranty. I have already called my service advisor and will be pushing them to replace the assembly with another unit under warranty since the timeline was ridiculously short. I am also thinking they never really swapped the unit out and just fiddled with it until the tabs landed back in place.

Was just curious if others had the same issue? Maybe bad bad of drivers tail light assemblies? Attaching pic of lens loose in assembly.IMG_5561.jpegIMG_5596.jpegIMG_5595.jpeg

Meeker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Took my Expedition in for warranty work including tail light and paperwork indicated they replaced the whole unit. Just over a month since replacement and the new unit has done the sam thing.
Are you sure they replaced it with a new one? I am suspicious that dealerships will just "fix" it (maybe they just pushed it back into place inside the unit) but they tell Ford it's a replacement so they can be paid for it. There must be some kind of scam around this. You are the very first person that I have seen in 5 years mention this and to think it happened twice to you IN A ROW is very improbable. Buy a lottery ticket right now kind of improbable.

I had my 2018 XLT in for regular maintenance, and without telling me anything they replaced the front differential under warranty! Claimed it was making noise (which I hadn't heard). I'm very suspicious this was warranty fraud so I haven't gone back to them since.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
bring it back to the same dealer with same issue , again. Let it be know to the advisor that you think they didnt actually replace the housing last time. Maybe they wont cut corners this time because that is too much of a coincidence unless they admit that those housings are faulty...?

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
$1000 JUNK - one of mine cracked internally at around 12k miles. Ford tried to fight the replacement but the dealer worked to help drive it since it was clear there was no external damage.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire