Driver window and rear power vent windows stopped working at the same time. 2015 Ford Expedition EL Platinum.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lightcap609

Reaction score
So I just had (on my 2015 Expedition EL Platinum) this issue pop up where the driver window and both the rear power vents stopped working at the exact same time. Unfortunately the rear power vents are open and will not shut. I use them quite frequently and have never noticed any wear or bad noises coming form either. Has anyone ever had an issue like this? Or does anyone know if those 2 circuits intersect somewhere? I have not been able to bring up a good wiring diagram that shows any connection between these 2. I am also looking for a wiring diagram for the plug on the front window motor because there is many wires on there. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This issue came up suddenly and there where no warning signs, the only thing I have done recently is install LED head lights. Could this be the cause? I remember I had a 2010 explorer I once put LED tail lights in and burnt out the airbag control module. Edit I also forgot I have an o2 sens code that popped around the same time not sure if that could be connected.

Last edited:

Ellison Brown III

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Give this a shot. Not sure if those other symptoms are related… theoretically they shouldn’t be. If so, and you need wiring diagrams for those circuits, let me know.

Attachments

• IMG_5626.png
    IMG_5626.png
    157.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5625.png
    IMG_5625.png
    152.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5624.png
    IMG_5624.png
    155.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5623.png
    IMG_5623.png
    177.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5622.png
    IMG_5622.png
    163.2 KB · Views: 7

mfdbackdraft

Reaction score
I have a similar issue. None of my windows work. I am able to operate my windows if I open the drivers door to a bit past half way. Then they work.
I have the car not in park and door not closed issue also. Im going to try tracking down the ground to the door components as the culprit. Will update with findings.

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a similar issue. None of my windows work. I am able to operate my windows if I open the drivers door to a bit past half way. Then they work.
I have the car not in park and door not closed issue also. Im going to try tracking down the ground to the door components as the culprit. Will update with findings.

Backdraft your door not closed/not in park issue is most likely a bad door jamb switch. The computer thinks the driver door is open. The switch is actually attached to the door latch. A quarter turn clockwise releases the switch from the latch.
Your windows not working may be a bad master window switch there on the drivers door. They get corroded because people open the door in the rain and water gets into the switch, eventually causing it to fail.

Door Jamb Switches at Rock Auto
Window Switches at Rock Auto

Left Door Jamb Switch ......
AW-1009_Front.jpg

Window Master Switch .....
SK901339(1).jpg

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member