Driver's side window issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mickey Bruzek

Reaction score
We just bought a used Expy & discovered that the window doesn't roll but half way down. Cool, the dealer will fix it. But my husband was driving it a couple of nights ago & rolled the window down & his door popped open! Never had this happen with any other vehicles.

He didn't put two & two together until last night when he went out on break to sit in it & couldn't open the door as the door seemed frozen. Finally got it open & noticed the door gear was off a bit & he yanked it about & got it to work. Guess he will drive with no window down until they fix it.

Could they have put the window motor in backwards or messed up the door at all when they fixed it before?

Gary Waugh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have had the window mechanism out of my expedition drivers door a couple of times (the steel cable rusted and broke) and I can't see anyway that it could cause the door to open or mess up opening the door. As you say maybe someone took it out before and re-installed it incorrectly. I don't know what to suggest as I can't see how it can cause your problem!!

Gary