Drivers side window slow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cellman

Reaction score
My 2010 had a very slow drivers side window as well. I ended up taking off the door panel and using white lithium grease I greased all of the window slides/guides. Works like new.

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have this problem too on my 08. Guess it's another thing to add to the to-do list.

WashingtonTeal

Reaction score
I have an 2005 Expedition. The front passenger side window rises extremely slow. I ordered a new window regulator and motor from Rock Auto parts. Put it in pretty easy. Did not fix the problem. Vehicle has never been in a collision so there should be no movement of the interior or exterior door panels. Anyone else have any suggestions.

NovasExpy

Reaction score
Had this same problem last weekend, window moved up & down fast, but finally wouldn't go back up. Made a god awful screeching noise too. Quick google search led me to check the regulator, $90 on amazon and an hour or so of work and problem solved. One of the cables had broke on the old regulator and one was almost there, surprisingly easy to fix for a DIYer. The door frame is much more accessible than most vehicles I've worked on. The new regulator doesn't come with a motor, just swap the old one if it's good. There are some good tutorials online.

steedracer

Reaction score
Wish I would've cellman's post above. My passenger side window on our '08 Expy had been squeaking and getting slow over the last month. I thought I would try to lubricate the side felt seals a bit. I rolled it down and up twice. On the third time down, there was a loud crack/pop and the window stopped moving The motor/regulator sounded fine. I was able to hold the button in the up position which eventually did push the window all the way back up. Alas, though...it is broken for sure and will have to be replaced.

If any of my other windows begin squeaking and slowing down, next time I will know to do what cellman did and lubricate the slides and glides with white lithium grease.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wow hard to believe these posts drag on for over a year. If your going to do it yourself or have a mechanic do the repair, replace regulator, motor, and lube all items involved. When you think how many times we open/ close a power drivers side window, it's amazing they last as long as they do. Change both items, your problem should go away. Basic electrical mechanics 101, class desmissed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
W

willymutt

Reaction score
Just had the whole regulator go out. New one is on order currently. Still have the intermittent issue with the mirror not folding though. Will dig into it more now that I have the door panel off.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have always just sprayed silicone in the window tracks and that keeps the glass lubricated and makes them slide up and down pretty easily.

Underdog66

Reaction score
I have the same issue with my 2003 expy. I was wondering about lubricating the tracks and/or other mechanisms. How exactly is the accomplished?
Thanks in advance.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Their are many u tube videos online that show just how to do that. I keyed in lubricating car windows. Silicone spray or white spray works fine. You'll need to pull your door panel, not too hard to do on these vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk