Driver's Window Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cnuttgirl

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I noticed some build-up on my battery terminal, so i unhooked the battery and cleaned it up. I hooked it back up only to notice that my drivers side window won't roll down now. From the driver's side control, all the other windows work just fine. when i push the button to roll down the driver's window, there is a clicking in the dash.

I think it is the relay. Could it be the switch? Has anyone else had this problem? Is it possible to fix this with out taking it to the dealer?

thanks-

big pacheco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i had that same problem.it turned out to be the power window motor.easy to check with a test light.just take off the door panel

OP
OP
C

cnuttgirl

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I guess the electronic gremlins are at work:
yesterday i was driving back from the '05 car show in indianapolis, indiana when i thought a rock hit the windshield, and rolled down into the cowl...but then i noticed that the sound i heard actually sounded like the recoil you hear when you cut a really tight cable.

My husband says: see if your window works...IT DID!!

I was instantly happy, because the window hasn't worked for 10 weeks. My husband rained on my little parade by reminding me that what just happened wasn't normal. He's an electrical engineer, but does anyone here have any ideas what might have been going on? I was getting ready to buy a new window motor. Glad i didn't waste the $30, but now not so sure something might burn up in the dash or the door or something.

thanks for any insight!!

kymagred

Reaction score
My 99 drivers side window stopped working also. Back in June I had the door panel off and a body shop man hit the motor with a rock and it started to work. That lasted about two weeks. This is the next thing on my list to fix.

OP
OP
C

cnuttgirl

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well, this morning i had another wierd thing happen:
leaving for work, i had probably driven 5 miles when i heard what sounded like a spring let loose inside of my door and bounce around everywhere. I tried my drivers side switch and everything seems to be working...my window rolled down and so did the rest of them, and the locks worked too.

i don't know what's going on!!

big pacheco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my driver windows acting up now with a new motor about 3 months old.in the extreme cold i have to try a few time to open the window.