Dropping dead

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Anybody have a problem.with a '03 Expedition that just stops runing? No popping. Spitting back.... Nothing...just stops runing.. cranks fine.. it done it twice the first Time I noticed it. Doneit 3 or 4 times last night.. another problem the truck has is a bad flex plate...I have to move the torque converter with a screwdriver until the starter grabs the remaining teeth .. so this dropping dead is something that is making my day a real pain

Plati

Reaction score
Anybody have a problem.with a '03 Expedition that just stops runing? No popping. Spitting back.... Nothing...just stops runing.. cranks fine.. it done it twice the first Time I noticed it. Doneit 3 or 4 times last night.. another problem the truck has is a bad flex plate...I have to move the torque converter with a screwdriver until the starter grabs the remaining teeth .. so this dropping dead is something that is making my day a real pain
Its a long shot ... but my 2003XLT ... the "i'm alive signal" wire (splice) that ran from an injector to the remote start unit under the dash was loose and that caused the engine to stop running, right after a remote start, intermittently It would start up and then just die. The splice by the injector looked fine, but wasn't. I found it by wiggling that connection.

Last edited:

Bhouse

Reaction score
My friends 2003 did this and it was a issue with a relay that’s built in to the fuse box. For what ever reason you can’t just replace the relay you have to ge entire new fuse box because ford built the relay into it. I think he picked up a used fuse box from a local LQK junk yard.
I’ve got a 2004 and we talk about common problems.
Let me know if this helps.
Bobby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Southern cracker
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I got to thinking about it, I got the impression that it might have a loose ground somewhere... But it must've heard about it , but the truck ain't done it since I posted this.. both awnsers will be checked out when it happens again.