Dual Headunit install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

seangoode

Reaction score
Im about to install a Dual XDM6400 headunit into my 2004 Expy Eddie Bauer and was wondering if i will lose the steering wheel controls?

THANKS!

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yes u will. its very hard and very expensive to find a head unit that will work with steering wheel controls. ive seen a few but it was a while ago. so i dont know where to find any.

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know PAC makes a steering wheel audio adapter for JVC/Alpine/Clarion and Kenwood called the SWI-JACK, but not sure about the Dual. Might want to check their website.

mtondreo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Kind of a heads up.the PAC adapter swi-jack just works okay. I don't know if I will use one on my next truck. I am using one with my kenwood and the features do not match and it works intermittently. Thanks, Mike

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ya honestly just forget about trying to make them work just stick with a remote youll end up using it eventually anyway, i spent the $60 on the pac module and it does work here and there

reg442

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i have the axxess aswc with a kenwood dnx9960 in my 03 expedition and i works flawlessly. best one on the market

mtondreo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Damn reg442 I have never even heard of that one. The PAC team was great because my swi was defective, but works intermittantly and is not programmed correctly. I may have to check that one out because the stereo is coming out to add a camera. I just have to find out if it work with my kenwood ddx 514-not sure about the wired remote part. Thanks for the post, Mike

reg442

Full Access Members
Reaction score
it works with all cars and all radios, and then put out firmware updates every year for new vehicles..its worth the $$$