E Rated Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tkoden

Reaction score
Am I asking for trouble going to an E rated tire? We have a 2007 EL 4x4 and recently bought a travel trailer. Even without the trailer hooked up the tires always look like they are low with how much they bulge. My wife drives this for her DD with the kids so I worry about the ride being too harsh. I figure, I have a set of tires on it that are about 80% tread and I have another set that are 95%+ tread that I should be able to sell to pay for a set of E rated tires. Personally I would feel a lot more comfortable with E rated tires than the POS tires that are on it now.

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Most likely you won't like the ride, ther are standard load and extra load Passengr tires ,

mrford60

Full Access Members
Reaction score
you could look into a P metric tire with a XL load rating or a LT tire with a D load rating both would help with towing the trailer and not be as harsh with out a load.

1997SCEBFEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
are these your original tires, & how many miles on them?

i personally would not go to E rated, D is more than enough, & as stated above. you'd be getting into poss changing suspension and poss turn your wife's DD into a "truck" vice an SUV.. . .to try and make your ride smoother will be frustrating.

as far as physical appearance, looking low/bulge, some tires just do that. I'm sure you throw a gauge, or have air pressure monitoring, and check them regularly. my ole' 97 is on her 3rd set of tires and this is how they look.

do you have a weight distributing hitch, or bumper mount? what size is your travel trailer?

PanHandler.

Attachments

• P1230008.jpg
    P1230008.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 93
  • P1230010.jpg
    P1230010.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 85
Last edited: