EATC self check won't run no control passenger side air

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LovesTexas

Reaction score
Hi, I have an 07 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer. I ran the eatc self check this past summer, and can't remember the dang buttons. My control panel does not have a floor button. I turn the car from off to on , then push the off and defrost for several seconds, let go, and push the auto button and the HVAC just comes on. I've tried multiple other combinations, holding all three buttons, pushing two buttons than the third button, Etc.

I have dual air control, and the passenger side is blasting cold air. Not fun in the recent cold front we had down here in Texas. I would really be happy if I could just control both sides from the driver side, and cancel out the dual air control all together.

I played around the system over the summer, when I lost Air volume and found that a little plastic bag had been sucked up the recirculation and was blocking the fan. I checked the actuator behind the radio, and it was working fine.

If I could get the eatc self check to run, would it tell me why I'm getting cold air out the passenger side vents? Or am I better off just trying to locate the actuator on the passenger side?

I know this is a lot of bits and pieces of information, but sadly this is the way I seem to work. I don't have a large enough knowledge base to work through this problem systematically. At the moment I'm treating my car like a big computer, I unhooked the battery and hoping that a reboot of a system will fix things.