EcoBoost Badge Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G213

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The EcoBoost badge on the hatch of my 2016 always bothered me. The blue/green colors and the mismatched font always looked out of place to my eye.

The Lincoln style badge (black and silver) was tolerable (see here), but I wanted something different. Leaving the space blank was also an option, but not having anything to balance out the Platinum badge seemed off.

After looking around for ideas, I came across the 4WD badge used on 2011-2016 Explorers, so I ordered one. (Part FB5Z*9942528*D) After some measuring, I found the letter size and font matches the Platinum badge perfectly. After removing the EB badge (which was a nightmare), I came out with something I think looks pretty sharp. (Because of the angle of the picture, the badges don't look exactly level to each other, but they are)

Bottom picture of front end is after a full afternoon of clay bar and polish for dramatic effect.

IMG_0045.jpeg
IMG_0046.jpegIMG_0047.jpeg

Last edited:

Cyclone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, that does look good. When I had my liftgate repainted (due to paint bubbling) I had them leave off the XLT and Eccoboost emblems. I'm happy with that.

I recently picked up some plastic dip for another project and I'm thinking about blacking out my "EL" on the chrome strip just to see how it comes out. The good thing about plastic dip, is that you can peel it off if you don't like it.