Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jason_parks

Reaction score
Hey everybody! I am brand new to this forum, so please bare with me.

I desperately need some help figuring out how to get this code to stop coming on! It is CODE “P0401 EGR insufficient flow detected”. And I ONCE got the “P1409” code, as seen in attached pics. But I have never had that code return, after clearing it. And that could’ve been because I had vacuum lines disconnected at solenoid, when I was doing the test of sucking on the tube going to EGR? I can’t remember if that code came up when I had engine running and was doing all that messing around or not. But I figured I would include it, just in case it helped someone help me. Lol

So after doing some research, I disconnected the vacuum line going to the EGR and I sucked on it, to act like vacuum and it instantly made the engine die, while idling. Which I thought would mean that the EGR valve IS working and that there is no holes in diaphragm or anything. Because in my research, it said that if you suck on it/ apply vacuum to it, and it makes your engine die, it IS working. SO, I replaced the solenoid and cleared codes. Well, even with the new solenoid the same code came up again, within 10 minutes of driving. I’ve cleared it a couple times since then and it just comes right back.

so, outside of replacing the actual EGR, I am at a loss. And I really don’t want to do that, if it won’t resolve the issue. I am not into just throwing parts at anything and always like to be as confident as I can about a diagnosis, before making any repairs. I do HVACR for a living, so I troubleshoot, diagnose and repair equipment all day every day and I am the same way with my work.

So, Can any one PLEASE help me to determine what else could be the problem and/ or what I can do to resolve this problem? I am most definitely not getting as good of gas mileage as I used to (which was never “good” to begin with, in this gas guzzler! Lol) and it definitely seems to not be running as smooth as it used to and even seems to idle a little higher than normal sometimes?

any and all assistance will
Be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance and God bless!

8A2E5B68-BBA6-4426-BE96-D014A6CF3D86.jpeg

39AF9263-8F3A-49DE-9082-A12545249696.jpeg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65