Electrical connectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

handyone

Reaction score
Been having a problem with my front passenger door window for some time. It would roll down & not go up or at a different time go up & not down or not work at all. Checked everything I could & finally replaced the master switch on the drivers door. It worked for several months & then stopped working at all. Started checking it again couple weekends ago. I removed the switch panel on the passenger door & bumped the connector on the window switch & window worked as long as I wiggled the connector! Pulled it off the switch & pins had no corrosion on them the female portion must have gotten weak & not making good contact. I slightly twisted each pin (maybe 5 degrees) applied a little dielectric grease re-installed and window is working great now. Check your connectors before you spend a lot of $$$ or pull your hair out.

Reaction score
Twisting the pins like that also work with relays that go intermittent. Ya just gotta be careful not to twist too much!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire