electrical issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

williamthomas1984

Reaction score
when my headlights are one my right turn signal doesnt work but it works fine when headlights are turned off. and when i push my brakes my parking lights and fog lights turn on, Hazard lights also dont work when the headlights on also my dash lights also flash with the turn signals

whtbronco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You're most likely gonna have to check grounds and/or trace wires. You're gonna need some wiring diagrams, but without any info on your Expedition there's not much we can provide.

Gary Waugh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As stated it sounds like a poor ground. I would try connecting a wire to the battery negative terminal and then connect the other end to the right hand head light ground and see if that fixes the problem ( turn on the RHS indicator and see if it operates correctly). If it does you know you are looking for a ground issue on that headlight negative wire, or you can just make the wire a permenant addition (not the best solution, but okay if you can make a good connection the wire and route it so it is not in the way).

EngineerMike

Reaction score
I had that on a '76 Ford F250, IIRC was a bad ground in the dash. One turn signal ran the horn at the turn signal cadence & other random crosslink stuff.

Will Bean

Reaction score
I had an 83 Crown Vic in high school. Brake lit up all the parking lights, turn signals came on but didn't flash in either direction and a couple other issues. Turned out to be a bad flasher. Can't promise it's the problem but since then I have seen flashers cause various symptoms in many makes and models. They're pretty cheap and very easy to swap. Otherwise it's a long road of checking connections and jumping wires to nail it down. Unfortunately wiring issues are one of those things mechanics hate. A guy can throw 4 hours at wiring and get nowhere. Not trying to discourage you but if you find which wire is good and which is bad, just splice with solder and reroute it. Trying to narrow down an exact spot is where the time really plays in usually.