Engine Covers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bmac1955

Full Access Members
Reaction score
IDK regarding the engine cover. It seems to me much older vehicle back in the day used the cover or air cleaner for air intake into the carbs and also used the air of the exhaust manifold to warm the choke before electronic choke pull-offs. My thought on this now going to newer vehicles it appears the cover is simply put as cosmetic. Really serves no purpose. My thought on this cover only provides heat build up under it. Perhaps FORD may have seen this has a way to delete this as not only being a cost savings but purposeful to achieve air flow that would be restricted with this cover. Having an intake cover on the engine has a clean look of the engine bay which we all know. But, perhaps it may be better without this cover for dissipating heat with airflow may be beneficial for our engines. I have a 2019 xlt with a cover. To me it is just a complementing feature just for esthetics nothing more we already know.

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's funny, some folks complain about the covers because for the most part they are cosmetic, and just get in the way of work. Besides, the Expedition already comes with an engine cover, it's called a "Hood." Or Bonnet, depending on where you live. :D

OP
OP
G

GreatExcape

Reaction score
It's funny, some folks complain about the covers because for the most part they are cosmetic, and just get in the way of work. Besides, the Expedition already comes with an engine cover, it's called a "Hood." Or Bonnet, depending on where you live. :D
It also makes it look cleaner and keep dust and dirt out of hard to clean nooks and crannies on the engine

Don't get me wrong, it's not a deal breaker or anything but I'd prefer to have it unless there is a specific beneficial reason to not...

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't understand why people spend money on engine covers. I used to have a RAM 1500 and I took the cover off for years for my own maintenance convenience. If you don't maintain your vehicle, you don't see the cover even if there is one in the bay. If you maintain your vehicle, the cover is just an obstacle and still needs to be taken off. I mean if Ford gives it to me, it's all right. But if I have to purchase it, that would be a no-go.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65