Engine Idle hours

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

newfordguy123

Reaction score
I was planning to buy a used 2020 Ford expeditionScreenshot_20220925-200002.png. It has 24000 miles. When I went through the information it shows that engine hours is 975 hour and engine idle hours is 273 hours. Is it ok to buy?

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was planning to buy a used 2020 Ford expedition. It has 24000 miles. When I went through the information it shows that engine hours is 975 hour and engine idle hours is 273 hours. Is it ok to buy?

Are you making this decision based on engine hours and miles alone?
If yes, then sure it's a decent ratio, 24000 miles at roughly 700 driving hours, is 34 miles for every hour.
More miles for less hours is the ratio you want to target, that would imply more highway or cruising.

Personally, this is an incredibly useless metric when considered in isolation. if those 24000 miles were all towing 8k lbs, you'd have far more wear. you get the point on this is only one metric...

klimford

Reaction score
Are you making this decision based on engine hours and miles alone?
If yes, then sure it's a decent ratio, 24000 miles at roughly 700 driving hours, is 34 miles for every hour.
More miles for less hours is the ratio you want to target, that would imply more highway or cruising.

Personally, this is an incredibly useless metric when considered in isolation. if those 24000 miles were all towing 8k lbs, you'd have far more wear. you get the point on this is only one metric...
Well said.