Engine temp gauge not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

joeuser123

Reaction score
I think a wire is damaged. The entire top end of the 5.4 was redone before I bought it. I think they damaged a wire when they took it apart and put it back together. Apparently,
the cam phasers failed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
B

bedrck46

there is also a connector in the rear of the engine

C107 is at the CHT
C144 at rear of engine
C175e connects to the PCM pin 58 and 41

B

bedrck46

again having the CHT in water and heating it you can check to see what resistance value you get with the temp of the water

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If your mechanic is able to remove the wire/pin for the CHT sensor from the pcm connector using the correct tool, you would be able to make a simple "break out box" for that circuit.
That would allow you to measure the sensors resistance readings at the pcm connector as the engine heats up. No reading then the harness has an "open" in it. Could be a broken wire or connection inside the sensor plug. (Past experience on that one)

I don't poke holes in wires since that will cause problems down the road if the hole isn't sealed or the seal leaks.

Last edited:

Dsolis12

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where the ect sensor is located on this exact year and model vehicle? I'm getting a p0119 code.

Woohoo.....Have a Blessed day everyone!!!

OP
OP
J

joeuser123

Reaction score
Underneath the intake manifold on the passengers side. You have to remove the intake manifold to get to it. It's near the back. Should have a white connector

Dsolis12

Reaction score
What.....under the intake manifold? I have to remove the whole manifold to get to it? Surely someone has a pic some where?

Woohoo.....Have a Blessed day everyone!!!

OP
OP
J

joeuser123

Reaction score
Yes and yes. You cannot get to it unless you remove the manifold

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members